Hi, I’m Juan Villela and I like websites. Most of my time is spent making them for strangers online. When I’m not working, I’m probably still coding.
I currently work as a Senior “Full-Stack” Web Developer over at Big Pixel. These days I mostly work with Angular and React. And some REST and GraphQL APIs. Here’s a cool list of skills:
Angular, React, Gatsby, Next, Hugo, Eleventy, Jekyll, NestJS, Express, GraphQL
Node, Redux (Redux Toolkit), Webpack, Gulp, Jest, Cypress, aXe, TravisCI, CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Gitlab/Bitbucket Pipeline
Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Affinity Designer
Nunchuck, Bo Hunting, Computer Hacking
I don’t know, here’s another list:
- I like stickers.
- From time to time I build mechanical keyboards.
- I’m a cheap audiophile. Meaning, I refuse to pay more than a grand for a single piece of gear.
- In a never-ending attempt to keep a decent archive of bookmarks that are independent of service and resistant to link rot, I maintain a small army of scripts to archive everything I find interesting on the web. Take a look here to see how I save these things and here for more on the archiving part.
- I really like cooking.
- RSS over Twitter. Podcasts over anything.
- I still haven’t decided if I want to pay to stream all media or store everything on a home server and stream my media. So I have both.